Monday, October 20, 2008

The final weeks...

It's been quite some time since I have posted on this blog. For some reason today I took a look at my last post, funny how I was pretty well spot on. Shortly after that I recall talking to friends about the potential of an Obama/Biden ticket. I voted for Biden back in '88 in the NH primary and even through some of his issues over the years I've always been very impressed with Joe. He's a good guy and about as bright as they come in regards to foreign policy.

The race appears to be tightening a bit with the latest polls showing Obama with a slight 5% lead. While that isn't great news after being up nearly 9 a week and a half ago, I'm not super worried yet. The key to this thing is the battle ground states. Obama looks to be holding all the blue states and has some leads in big swing states. McCain looks like he needs to flip a state and I don't see that happening. While we might see a 5-7% win I expect the electoral spread will be much greater.

No comments: