Monday, January 22, 2007

Ruby Ridge Part Deux?

Ok, so I'm sure by now many of you have heard of this NH whack job Ed Brown. So what we have here is your run of the mill libertarian/militia type. Lot's of guns, a principal to stand on and a house that can operate "Off the grid"...I'm a little surprised this hasn't been getting a ton of national play but it seems like this may be because officials are soft selling it. They don't seem to be putting any pressure on the guy even though there is a bench warrant out for him.

I grew up in NH. I can't pretend this gives me any special insight into Mr. Brown's world but I certainly knew plenty of people who shared many of his views and would clearly count themselves as sympathizers. In fact a neighbor of mine was a bit unhinged in a similar way. Needless to say we didn't knock on his door come Halloween.

I'm interested to see how this plays out. He's got support coming from all sorts of directions on this one, hell nobody likes paying taxes though some of us view it as a necessary evil while others just view it as evil. Is this the next Ruby Ridge?

No comments: